Our goal is to provide quality legal support and counsel to our clients. We have a reputation for thoroughness and preparedness that is widely recognized and respected in the legal community. We work together, with the client, to achieve the most successful client outcome. Our attorneys are committed, experienced lawyers who take our responsibilities seriously, knowing that the results we achieve for our client will have a lasting impact on their lives.
Just in the month of June, 2020, Phoebe J. Moore PC, zealously and compassionately fought for our client’s rights in Tuscola, Sanilac, and Huron County, as follows:
1. After a full day trial with several witnesses and exhibits reflecting Mother’s severe instability and mental health issues, obtained SOLE custody for a father who discovered he was, in fact, the biological father of his 12-year-old, just 6 months ago. We are so excited for both of them.
2. After a three (3) day trial with five (5) witnesses, and two (2) experts, successfully maintained child support for a mother of two (2) children of nearly $600/mo. from a non-custodial father/farmer who argued he should not have to pay anything because his income on his tax returns was a negative figure, by requesting the Court impute income to this individual because he has an “unexercised ability to earn” under the recent amendments to the Michigan Child Support Formula Manual.
3. Obtained an Emergency Order for Immediate Return of Children from another state, unlawfully taken from a father by a mother, to another state, and obtained sanctions for the mother’s unlawful conduct;
4. On behalf of the State of Michigan, DHHS, drafted, filed, and obtained immediate authorization from the Court to remove children that were being sexually abused and/or neglected by their parents, and filed another immediate motion to terminate visits from parents that were neglecting their children;
5. After a full one (1) day trial with several witnesses, successfully re-instated Mother’s parenting time after four (4) years with very little parenting time, due to a severely controlling ex-husband that would not provide her children. She will have her first holiday with her girls in five years this 4th of July!
6. After a two (2) day trial, including our expert mental health therapist, re-established parenting time via a healthy re-integration schedule, approximately one (1) year after father physically abused the oldest child.
When you need us, we are there, typically within hours. We have the best support staff in the business. Our two (2) paralegals and one (1) additional assistant, along with Phoebe Moore, a born leader, confidant, and brilliant family/business lawyer, can and will, continue to provide, you, our friends, neighbors, and community residents, the legal support you need, with compassion, skill, and professionalism. We remain humbly at your service in this pandemic, and will continue to assist you through any crisis.
Phoebe J. Moore, PC is proud to announce that the firm has been selected one of the “10 Best Family Law Firms” for Client Satisfaction in Michigan, by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. We care about our clients and continually strive for excellence on their behalf.
We received another unanimous jury verdict from a Tuscola County jury, in favor of our client who was charged with domestic violence by the Tuscola County Prosecutor’s office. It only took this jury 14 minutes to acquit our client of all charges against him. This is attributed to our long-standing commitment to this client in all courts, our full-understanding of his relationships and issues, and our detailed, thorough, and aggressive defense of him in court. Attorney Melissa Williams did a fine job getting the “W” for Phoebe J. Moore, PC. This win solidifies her as a top-rate choice as defense counsel in the region of Michigan.
We are pleased to announce a few new additions here at Phoebe J. Moore, PC. We have added a portable laptop to our conference room to continue to provide technologically forward services, and a large screen TV out in our lobby for our client’s viewing pleasure while waiting.
In November, 2014, Phoebe J. Moore received a Certificate of Completion in the area of Family Law issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. This Certificate demonstrates that Phoebe has compiled years of experience, education, and intensive study in the area of family law. It is the only certificate or acknowledgement of its kind in Michigan and issued by the industry leader in continuing education in the field of law.
On November 16, 2014, Phoebe J. Moore, PC, along with the Caro McDonald’s Softball team, helped pack shoe boxes with gifts for Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child is sponsored through the Samaritan’s Purse. Our goal was to fill 50 shoe boxes with gifts for underprivileged children all around the world, and we are happy to announce that we were able to fill 71 boxes!! This is a great program to be associated with, and we look forward to filling even more shoe boxes this next Christmas season at Phoebe J. Moore, PC!
Phoebe Moore is now a member of the Women’s Lawyers Association of Michigan (“WLAM”). WLAM was founded approximately fifteen (15) years ago and supports the growth, development, and establishment of female lawyers in Michigan. Phoebe will be attending a luncheon with U.S Senator, Debbie Stabenow, in Bay City, with WLAM. While 52% of law school graduates are female, still, only 12% are partners in law firms. Continued encouragement and success will help break this ancient model.
Phoebe J. Moore, PC, once again, in the Spring of 2014, became a sponsor of the Caro Baseball Federation (“CBF”). The CBF organizes and supports youth baseball and softball in Caro, Michigan. It is a great organization and continues to provide our youth with self-esteem, leadership, and health. Let’s play ball kids!
Phoebe J. Moore, PC just earned another “w” in the jury trial column. In February of 2014, Phoebe Moore successfully defended a local commercial client against a claim by an employee that he was wrongfully discriminated against under the Workers Compensation Disability Act. By selecting key witnesses, using effective demonstrative evidence, and aggressively preparing the client, Phoebe was able to convince a Tuscola County jury in a four-day jury trial, that her client did not discriminate against its employee, but rather, did the right thing, and terminated the employee for good and legal cause. This dismissal and understanding of good hard-working jurors, came after four (4) years of litigation, and even after the Michigan Court of Appeals found in favor of the employee, that is, that he could move forward with his case.
Phoebe Moore, past-president of the Tuscola County Bar Association, was recently elected as the Secretary to the Tuscola Bar Association. She is taking over Melissa Williams’ position. Engagement in local bar activities is not only fun, but keeps us abreast of any changes in our local court house and local court rules.